We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Who we are
At Your Health Store, your health is our priority. We are a family-owned, Toowoomba based business committed to creating a healthier lifestyle for all. Our wide range of quality products offer a solution to your every health need, whether you are trying to boost your physical performance, find a specialist supplement or simply support your general wellness. Adding to our advantage, we try to supply local and Australian products, so you can assure that an order with us is also an offer of support to the community. We also have extensive experience in our long-running real stores, so know how to look after you and help you become the best possible version of yourself. However, it's more challenging for us to provide you with personalised direction online. In order to help us support your wellness journey, we securely collect some of your personal information. This not only makes it easier for us to help you, but also ensures that you have the best possible experience with our website and see the results you're after!
How Information is Collected From you
We may obtain information about you through analysis of the following:
- technical information including the type of device you’re using, IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet.
- user behaviour, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, the length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for and referral sources
This information is collected by using cookies on our website, which we’ve included more information of below.
Use of ‘Cookies’
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file will be stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise when you visit. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Like many other websites, we use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from our system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Using cookies is your own choice. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. It is also possible to switch off cookies at any time by setting your browser preferences. Please note, turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Type of Information Collected From you
We, like many companies, automatically collect the following information:
- name and title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
If you interact with us on our social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram, we may obtain information about you, (for example, if you publically tag us in a photo). The information we receive will depend on your privacy settings for each social media platform.
We may have information on hand such as your email address, name, country and city if you subscribe to our mailing list or perform a transaction where you enter your email or willingly share your email address and details with us in any other way.
How and Why Your Information is Gathered
We require this information to understand your preferences and provide you with a better service, and may be used for the following reasons:
- providing you with the services, products or information you asked for.
- processing orders that you have submitted;
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us;
- keeping a record of your relationship with us;
- conducting analysis and market research so we can understand how we can improve our services, products or information;
- checking for updated contact details against third party sources so we can stay in touch if you move;
- seeking your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notifying you of changes to our services;
- sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, fundraising appeals and activities and promotions of goods and services; and
- processing job applications.
Protection of Your Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory and regulatory obligations.
Who Your Information can be Accessed by
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties, nor do we share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may, however, disclose your information to third parties in order to achieve the other purposes set out in this policy. Third parties working on our behalf include: suppliers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process orders and send you mailings).
When we use these third parties, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and prevents them from using it for their own direct marketing purposes.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.